American Medical Seminars, Inc.® Pediatric Emergency Medicine – Trauma
American Medical Seminars, Inc.® Pediatric Emergency Medicine – Abdominal Trauma; CA-MRSA; Head Injuries is approved for 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ and includes access to download your Audio MP3 &/or Video MP4, Color Digital Syllabus and Online Testing. With the hardcover option, you will be sent the CDs/DVDs, a Full Color Printed & Bound Syllabus, and Your Testing Materials.
Downloadable/Streaming: Includes MP3/MP4; PDF Color Syllabus; Online Testing
Hard Copy: Includes Audio CDs; DVDs; Printed/Bound Full-Color Syllabus; Test Packet; S&H
Ordering is Simple!
Select your Media Type as either Download or Hardcover. Next, click “Add to Cart”. Once your order has been processed, you will be contacted by our team with your login/download information.
American Medical Seminars, Inc.® is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA – American Medical Seminars, Inc.® designates these enduring materials for the maximum of 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Topics and Objectives
Title: Pediatric Emergency Medicine: Abdominal Trauma; CA-MRSA; Head Injuries
Faculty: Rakesh D. Mistry, M.D., M.S. and Jeffrey A. Seiden, M.D., F.A.A.P.
Original Release Date: July 1, 2016 Review Date: July 1, 2017 Expiration Date: July 1, 2019
TOPIC 1: Blunt Abdominal Trauma in Children.
Upon completion of this session, using evidence-based medicine and published guidelines, the participant should be able to: EBM, GL, COMP
- Recognize injury mechanisms and clinical findings that are characteristic of solid organ injury and hollow viscus injury in children.
- Integrate the role of various laboratory and radiologic tests in the diagnosis of solid organ injury and hollow viscus injury in children.
- Develop and employ appropriate management strategies for children with significant intra-abdominal injuries.
- Appraise recent data regarding the utility of focused abdominal sonography in trauma (FAST) in pediatric trauma.
TOPIC 2: Skin and Soft Tissue Infections in the Era of Community-Associated Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus(CA-MRSA): An Evidence-Based Approach.
Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to: EBM, GL, COMP
- Detect common skin and soft tissue infections potentially caused by CA-MRSA in children.
- Construct a diagnostic approach to common CA-MRSA infections using the most recent pediatric evidence and national guidelines.
- Use recent evidence to develop appropriate management strategies for CA-MRSA infections.
- Construct an informed approach to antibiotic therapy for skin and soft tissue infections.
TOPIC 3: Head Injuries in the Pediatric Patient.
Upon completion of this session, using evidence-based medicine and guidelines from the 4th International Symposium on Concussion in Sport, the participants should be able to: EBM, GL, COMP
- Describe the pathophysiology and, using evidence-based medicine, develop clinical strategies for the emergency treatment of severe head injury in childhood.
- Apply an evidence-based medicine approach to decisions regarding obtaining a CT scan in children after minor head trauma.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of concussions in pediatric patients.
- Demonstrate use of currently recommended management approaches in children with concussion.
EMI products will be shipped within 1-2 business days after payment is received for your purchase. All products are shipped via USPS® priority mail service. For specific details on the shipment of your product, please call our support team at (800) 263-6840.
Customers are allowed 60 days from the date of the initial purchase. Customer is also responsible for any fees incurred for the shipment of the returned product and to insure the package includes full replacement value of the contents received. Refunds will be issued back to the credit card that was used to make the original purchase (minus shipping and handling costs). EMI reserves the right to charge a $75 restocking fee on all returns.